We have extensive experience in helping multinational clients navigate the complexities of China’s business and regulatory environment.
Our team members have all graduated from top universities home and abroad, including Renmin University, Jilin University, South West University of Political and Science, Leiden University. In addition to years of experience in the field of foreign investment, some of our team members have also served as the legal counsel for foreign enterprises ranking among the top 500 of the world. Thus, you can count on us to help with the issues concerning the operation and management of a foreign-invested company in China and the establishment of the internal compliance and risk control system.
Our team has provided legal services for many well-known companies and institutions, including but not limited to Procter & Gamble, Clorox, Hunter Douglas, Hutchison Whampoa, Maxims, Standard Chartered, Ajisen Ramen, China Construction Bank, China Minsheng Bank, China Everbright Bank, Office of International Financial Cooperation under Department of Finance of Guangdong Province, etc.
Our team has handled many foreign-related cases in recent years. Some of our cases are listed below.
– Foreign Direct Investment
· Advised a Brazilian equipment company on setting up a JV in China, including formulating strategies, revising the cooperation agreement, etc.
· Advised a Czech company on its greenfield investment in China
· Advised a French environmental technology company on establishment of WFOE in China
– Contract Management
· Reviewed the renewal of lease contract between a consulate general in Guangzhou and the lessor
· Reviewed a consulting services contract between an Israeli consulting company and a domestic investment group
· Provided legal services to a U.S. payment company in the review of various contracts, including but not limited to marketing agreements, purchase orders
– Labor and Employment
· Represented a German equipment company in an employment termination dispute with its employee
· Assisted a German data analytics company in drafting and reviewing confidentiality and non-compete agreements
· Provided legal support to an Israeli electronics company on legal matters related to the work visa and work permit of its Israeli executives in China
· Provided legal services to a multinational manufacturing company, including but not limited to drafting employee handbook, advising on hiring of new employees and termination of employment
– Intellectual Property and Data Compliance
· Represented a leading library management software company in a litigation dispute regarding software copyright infringement
· Advised an Australian beer company on the protection of its intellectual property rights during its entering the Chinese market
· Assisted an European energy company in formulating its data compliance program compliant with GDPR
– Liquidation and Insolvency
· Advised a Dutch gas company on the liquidation of its subsidiary
· Advised a JV company on its forced liquidation proceedings
· Advised a hotel information technology company on its liquidation and deregistration
– Dispute Resolution
· Represented an Italian lighting company in litigation over a 0.6 million EUR dispute against its Chinese purchaser of lighting products
· Represented a Dutch gas company to deal with a series of cases on sale contract disputes
· Represented a famous Japanese catering company to deal with several lease disputes
– Merger and Acquisition
· Provided legal support for the sale of the shares in a Samoan company and the shares in a Hong Kong company
· Provided a package of services for an European energy company for its sale of the shares in a subsidiary, including designing the transaction plan, preparing the transaction documents and providing legal advice
· Provided legal support for a listed company in Hong Kong for its acquisition of the shares in a leading property management company, including conducting the due diligence